Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hello from Trenton!

Hi all! I'm in Trenton Missouri enjoying Puppet Fest Midwest! I am in script writing class all day with Luman Coad, then we see a great puppet show, then we all gather for a few drinks at The Wild Onion cafe across the street from campus. I'm learning a lot, and meeting wonderful people. I have three puppets on display at the exhibit....Amy Winehouse (rod puppet), Edna (mouth puppet), and a cat car-wash-mitt puppet. (All can be seen on this very Blog! ) I stood by my display at the exhibit yesterday, answered questions, and got lots of compliments! By Saturday night I must have a 5 minute skit ready to perform with Edna at the "open mic" show called "bits and pieces late night cabaret". I'm pretty nervous to perform for a room full of professional puppeteers, but I know they will be a kind, supportive audience! Also on Saturday I'll get to try and sell my sock and carwash mitt puppets at the "swap-and shop". Wish me luck, I don't want to have to lug all those puppets home again!
That's all for now! ----Heidi

No comments: